"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Our Christmas Celebrations!

Oh the weather outside is frightful!



Our Christmas this year was low key and relaxing. We haden't really made any plans, because I was CERTAIN we'd have had the baby by Christmas and would be home recovering. Obviously, my plans didn't work out as I'd hoped. So Christmas came, and we were able to spend time with both of our families, and most importantly, with each other.

Christmas Eve we spent with Jon's brothers, Tina and parents, and enjoyed a delicous feast of some Chinese dish which I can't spell. But whhhhoa it was good. I ate myself sick off of homemade fudge, cookies, and an entire variety of irresistable treats.

Christmas morning we spent just here with our little family. Jon was so excited for Christmas, he was up by 6 and in the shower. Jack was awake by 6:30 and we bolted downstairs to see what Santa left us!! Santa knows me so well!! He put a John Shmidt CD in my stocking and brought Jack his very own tool set. My darling hubby got me a Sonicare toothbrush and some board games. I LOVE LOVE my toothbrush and get WAY too excited about oral hygiene. The difference is truly amazing. I got Jon a new toy/GPS so we can easily find places around that offer GF foods. (AKA Wendy's and Chik-fil-a). :) Jack got some Cars and a new Thomas the Train blanket made by his mommy. He keeps calling is "scary" though little stinker. He'll get used to it. So after enjoying our hot chocolate loaded with marshmallows, and letting Jack get his fill of his new tools, we headed on over to the Rusch's for present exchanging with them.


We were again treated to the delicous cooking of Chris and Tina and enjoyed potatoes and bacon, eggs and fruit. Deeelicous!! Jack was so overwhelmed with presents from his generous, doting grandparents and got way too distracted with his new Little People, so I got to open the rest of his gifts. He got lots of clothes, books, puzzles and big Tonka trucks. Hooray!!


We then headed over to Buckeye Ranch for Christmas with the Jones'. This was Dan's first Christmas home and it was so great to get to be with him. We got to talk to Lucas AKA John Bytheway, and he sounds like he's doing awesome. Can actually remember English too if you can believe it! :) My mom must see messes in my future because she got me a Bissell cleaning/shampooing hand cleaner. Pretty stinkin' cool! Jack got new Thomas bath toys, a fire station and some movies. We had my favorite meal for our Christmas feast which included ham, rolls, sweet potatoes, snap peas, corn and my mom's FABULOUS pumpkin pie! Yuum yum!! We concluded the night by watching the new Harry Potter (sooo good!) and going to bed.
I am so grateful to be close to the ones I love and that we can spend Christmas together. We missed Jessica and Alex and their girls, Lucas and Nathan but loved having Daniel home, and getting to spend our first Christmas with Tina and my new sister-in-law to be Jessica.
On a completely other note...YES I'm STILL PREGNANT!!!!! Today is my new date. The 29th. This day has been stuck in my head since I went to the doctor oh so long ago for my 8 week check-up. It became even more ingrained in my brain when my brother announced he was getting married on December 30th. I decided that this baby was going to be cooperative and come 2 weeks early so that I could be at the wedding in Birmingham and help out with the reception. Well, that didn't happen, so I tried to get my doctor's to induce me a week early. But, seeing as I was dialated oh...ZERO, they wouldn't do that either. So here we are. My due date and NO ACTION. I seriuosly think I've tried just about everything to put myself into labor. It's amazing what a desperate pregnant women will do. The worst was drinking the castor oil. That just made me sick sick sick and didn't produce a baby, so DEFINITELY not worth it. The only thing I have left to try is the Eggplant Parmeseon. YUM!
Under normal circumstances, I think I would be more chill, but I really REALLY wanted to be part of my brother's wedding. It is just beyond stinky that they are both from Atlanta, and have to travel out of state to be sealed because our temple is closed. I'm trying to convince my husband that I would be fine driving to Birmingham for their sealing, and just coming home if labor started. He's not convinced though. He frowns on the idea of out of network fees and the possibility of me having my baby on the side of the road in the back woods of Alabama. So I go to the doctor today, and we'll see if I've progressed at all. Hopefully my next post is either of me at the wedding or of me at the hospital!!


3 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

jack is so cute dressed in all that winter gear! you guys got great gifts and we ate a ton too! i think i gained 10 lbs. let us know when the baby gets here!

Candice said...

Well it sounds like you still had a nice Christmas. Little boy #2 just wanted to make sure his birthday was far enough away from Christmas so he would actually get presents.

Jessica M said...

I love the picture of Jack in the construction gear. Awesome