"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



I must admit that Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday of the year. A holiday centered around a food is ok by me!! I start looking forward to Thanksgiving as soon as Halloween is over. One of the reasons I love it so much is because of our family tradition of going down to Destin to be with my Grandparents. Thanksgiving at the beach=heaven! I wasn't so willing to give up this favorite tradition when Jon and I got married, so the past 3 years, his parents have accompanied us down to the beach house to enjoy the holiday with the crazy Jones clan.

So our week of thankful celebration started last Sunday as the first crew drove down. My sister's family and the Rusch's joined us Tuesday night. We spent our days enjoying the 70 degree weather and watching my child swim in the not so warm ocean. But how could I restrain him?? I resisted him the first day and just about went into labor carrying a tantrum throwing toddler the mile trek back to the house. The next day, with back-up, I was more lenient and he and his cousins LOVED splashing around in the water, and shivered victoriously the whole way home.

Thanksgiving day arrived, and we were up early and at Papa's by 9:30 to watch the parade and prepare our delicious feast! And a feast it was!!! Jon had a gluten free selection of just about everything, other than the Golden Corral rolls. I ate myself sick, looked at the Black Friday adds, napped, and ate some more. It was a good day.

Black Friday was a success!!! Despite being out in the crowds by 7 AM, I didn't get my $3 toaster from Target, but I conquered several other sales which shall not be named.

Friday night we went up to Baytowne Wharf to see Santa and the fireworks. Jack LOVED the fireworks and just about had a cow when he saw Santa. We weren't ambitious enough to stand in the 45 minute line, but we stood at the fence and waved.
Jack and Hailey were breaking it down to some live country Christmas music.


I definitely slacked in the picture taking department, but my sister however took some 2 year old portraits of my little beast, so those will be coming soon.

I'm 36 weeks, and definitely feeling it. I was up a good portion of the night thinking of what all I need to pack in my hospital bag. I'm getting VERY anxious to get everything done and ready for baby. I have a list a mile long for this week. Good thing I like lists!

3 comments:

Candice said...

Oh you look like you had a great time! I love the dancing pictures!

Jessica M said...

The last picture of a dancing Hailey is a trifle scary...
PS- I'll send Jack's cd of pictures soon!

Ryan and Brindi said...

i have one word to express my feelings about your thanksgiving... JEALOUS. yes, i am green with envy that you got to spend your holiday at the beach!!! miss you guys and hope to see you soon!