Going to our place in Destin feels very much like I'm going home. My trips to the beach house normally consist of relaxing, walking on the beach collecting shells, exploring Seaside and the outlet malls, visiting my wonderful grandparents and eating at my favorite places. It is my heaven on earth and I absolutely love bringing people with us so they too can experience my heaven. 
We were finally able to arrange to go down with Jon's family. His brothers Matt and Nathan flew in from Utah and we got to spend 4 fun filled days at the beach. This trip was fabulous because we were able to do things a little out of the ordinary. Our first day we rented a pontoon boat that left out of the Destin Harbor (my FAVORITE spot in all of Destin). We explored the bayou, found a deserted beach and went for a swim. Jack LOVED the water and luckily he was wearing a life vest because he would jump in as soon as he got the chance. I love being on the water and have decided that someone who loves me needs to buy a boat and let me borrow it whenever I get the urge........ Any takers?? 

He sure loved driving. This is a Rusch boy for sure. Likes to be in-charge and behind the wheel.

Other highlights were the awesome body surfing in the gulf after a big storm, although I SADLY lost my sunglasses in this adventure. :( We ate at my favorite restaurant McGuire's and went to the Eglin Air force Base museum of airplanes. We thought Jack would love this museum because he's very interested in airplanes at this point in his life. But he apparently only likes them when they're far away in the sky and was terrified of the big planes and wouldn't go anywhere NEAR them!!
This is Jack running as fast as he can away from the planes.
This is Jack running as fast as he can away from the planes.
More pictures from that blessed beach:




We had a great time just chillin', playing tennis, watching the X-Games and eating....lots. Well, I ate lots at least. Now we're just counting down the days until my little bro Daniel returns from his mission! So soon!!




3 comments:
Great pictures! Your tummy is so darn cute and look at those sexy legs!!!!!
Looks like fun! I just love the beach!!
Looks beautiful like always! I can't wait, we will be down there soon. It will be soooo nice!!!
Post a Comment