"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Thursday, March 12, 2009

A Quarter Century!



I turned 25 on the 10th. I'm TWENTY FIVE!!! Where has the time gone?! I remember when I used to think 21 sounded old. Now I'm a quarter century old and on my way to being catagoriazed as in my "late twenties". I was dreading this birthday and thought I would be very depressed about this coming of age, but this birthday was one of my best yet! I hung out with a few friends throughout the day, then my darling hubby took me for a picnic in the park. We got sub sandwiches and he brought chocolate AND vanilla cupcakes wih sprinkles. He knows me all to well. Then he sang a solo just for me and I blew out my candles. I then proceeded to devour 2 cupcakes and liked the icing off the third and give the remains to the Jackster. We spent the rest of the evening trying to keep Jack from jumping into the lake, and made new friends with everyone in the surrounding areas. It's easy to make new friends when your child runs to total strangers and starts hugging their legs, wanting to be picked up. This child has no fear!



These 2 boys just sat there screaming their baby language to eachother for like 5 minutes. It was quite hilarious.

A Rottweiler mix, and I wasn't even terrified to let Jack pet him. That dog was so tired after running 3 miles, he could've cared less that Jack was grabbing his tongue.
It was a great birthday, and it's such a comfort to know all my friends are getting old right along with me!!


6 comments:

Lacey said...

That sounds like the perfect birthday! Happy 25th!!! : ) Those cupcakes look delish! Glad you had a fun day!

Jessica M said...

This post made me laugh! Oh, I love that boy. AND happy birthday!

The dryer pictures were hilarious and I love the haircut! Good work. Boys are easy, razor, done. Your nieces screamed all through their haircuts today. I had to put Melanie in a body bind to allow the hairdresser time to get the ends straight. Sheesh.

Crafty Lady said...

Happy 25th! Sounds like a wonderful celebration!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a good birthday, those cupcakes look very tempting!! And cute, cute hair cut on Jack, I love the little curl on top:):)

The Gray Family said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry I didn't call you I was a little pre occupied with some family matters. But I hope you had a wonderful day and heck I will turn 25 if I can look as great as you do.

Stacy Christian said...

Are you back yet? Call me! I want to hear about it!