"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Monday, January 5, 2009

5 Years Down, Eternity to Go!




Jon and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary on January 3rd. Five whole years of wedded bliss! ;) We've been through jobs, school, renting, owning, traveling, and parenting. What more can life have to offer? We're planning a big trip this spring, so we just did something low key for our actual anniversary day. Jon bought me red roses, my favorite, and a cute card. We dropped the Jack off with his Grammie, and went to see Twilight. (FINALLY!! I've been dying to see it ever since opening day, and Jon finally caved in and agreed to see it with me.) Then we went to Buckhead to a sushi restuarant called the BlueFin. It was positively exquisite. We topped off the evening with Chik-Fil-A ice dream cones, and were home at 9:30. What a life!!! We've had such a great 5 years so far, and are so excited for what life has in store for us. And it looks like I'll have to save my Figi trip for our 10 year anniversary. Here are just a few choice shots showcasing our past 4 years. (Didn't get the digital camera until our 1 year anniversary, so life is undocumented before then :) )









8 comments:

Lacey said...

Happy 5 year!!!

Heather Alvarez said...

Happy 5 Year! Cute pictures! I love the one on the beach!

Holly said...

Happy 5 years! That's awesome jon buckled down to see the movie Twilight. Keith ended up going with me as well for a birthday gift. I was lucky it was the bday b/c it wouldn't have happend if I didn't make him feel bad :) but then I felt bad for making him see the movie, bc I didn't care for it at all. blah!

Anonymous said...

Im glad you guys had fun... what a sport, jon, for seeing twilight (alan actually liked it, but don't tell anyone). Anyway we love ya!!!!

Candice said...

Congrats!!!!!!! Very exciting?!?!?! Doesn't it feel like 5 years is for ever? j/k but not really :)

Jessica M said...

I was thinking about y'all all day! I'm glad y'all had fun celebrating. Did you like Twilight? Love the pictures.

JON and EM said...

Jess- I have to say, I was not much of a fan!! Which is sad because I was so excited to see it! I thought the acting was crappy, I thought the special effects were crappy, and I thought it was beyond cheesy. I think I need to see it again with out a boy sitting next to me, because I was extra sensitive to every flaw because I was thinking what HE was thinking.

BWei said...

Hey Emily--Hope you don't mind I snuck onto your blog...I love seeing all the cute pics! Miss seeing you at my parents' ward when we visit...Jack is such a handsome boy!