"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

4th of July

Unfortunately Jon had to work the 4th of July (because Siemens is a German company and 4th of July is not a recognized holiday in Germany apparently) WHATEVER, but Jack and I made the most of our day. We went to the parade in Loganville because my brother organized and directed a band that was playing. It was pretty entertaining and we got free beads, cookies and even a flag. What more could you need?



That night we had friends over for a BBQ and watching fireworks. We live at the hightest point in Gwinnett County so you could stand on our hill (the hill that is our backyard) and see fireworks all across the skyline. It was pretty cool. Oh and these are our good friends Matt and Kristin and we just had to take a picture in our red white and blue. Too cute I know.




Jon has been fighting a fever and fatigue for over a week now. He's been to the doctor TWICE and they are a bunch of nincompoops and can't seem to figure out what to do about it. They've sent him home twice saying it's the flu. I've never heard of a flu lasting that long. ANYWAY, he was feeling good Saturday morning so we drove up to Tallulah Gorge for a day of hiking and picnic. We were on the trail about 5 minutes and Jon was so sick he had to go sit in the lodge. I was not about to waste a 2 hour drive so Jack and I hiked on our own. It was well worth the trip and we got to see some incredible views.

7 comments:

David Futral said...

What do you have to do to get some of those beads?!!

Jessica M said...

Oh Jon. I hope he feels better soon!

elise and jeff said...

How fun! Ya'll look so cute w/ Matt and Kristie...I wish I lived in GA to hang out with all of ya'll...oh well, you gotta love life no matter where you are!

Unknown said...

So I love Jon's face in the 2nd picture...it almost looks like a reaction Matt would make--"Do I really have to do this in the picture?" :D
Thanks for all the fun!
-K

Anonymous said...

Jack is a little heart breaker, Em! I love his little swirl of hair in the front!

Candice said...

I think he is looking more and more like you every day :)

Drew and Jessica said...

hey sister! love u guys