"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Monday, May 19, 2008

I am so not the domestic type. I don't have a good eye for decorating, and would always prefer buying things as opposed to making them. And that's only because I don't know what I want until I see it. But last weekend, I stepped out of my lazy comfort zone and got very crafty!! We had to go to the padres house because Jon was working on my Jeep's AC. (Still not fixed BY the way). So I came along and took the opportunity to get my mom to help me be domestic. I went with the only intention of making pillows for my bed. Ok, that took all of like 5 minutes, so then we found some scrap material and made curtains for Jack's room! AND hemmed 2 pairs of pants!! This created such a great feeling of accomplishment, I just might do more home-maker things in the future!! Oh and the shelf was something I did a few weeks ago. I just repainted it to match Jack's room.





1 comment:

Hillary said...

Lovely, simply lovely my dear. I think you're craftier than you think!