It all started with an EXCITING trip to the airport. Jon twisted a few arms and got a pass to accompany us to the gate (thank the Maker) and the boys were positively giddy to see all the “big jets”.
All such fun was short lived however once we were actually on the plane. Now, let me just tell you…I technically live in the South, but people around here certainly don’t act southern. There is a lot of dirty looks and eye rolling at me and my kids. So instead of helping me with my INSANE spider monkey children on the airplane, they would lay their heads back and turn up the ear phones. Not that I was looking for help necessarily, but like when Jack had to pee for the SECOND time, and I’m struggling with him and Tucker in shoebox sized bathroom, and the flight attendant is knocking on the door informing me there are other people waiting. REALLY???
But it was all worth it. We flew into Atlanta, waited an hour for my bags, and hightailed it to my happy place. Jack’s face says it all:
You all know one of my favorite things (though I have MANY) is exploring Seaside. We spent one beautiful afternoon walking around, looking in the art shops and me having to talk myself out of 1 particular piece with the excuse of “how the heck would I get it home?”
Jack was being soooo silly and started blasting everyone coming up the boardwalk with his laser.
Doesn’t that just make you happy? And here is the Tuck enjoying the green grass…
So for those of you who don’t follow my life, I just turned 27. TWENTY SEVEN?!? Why do I still feel 17?
Another of my favorite things in life is my grandparents. And I’m blessed enough to SHARE my birthday with my Papa. And as tradition would have it, we were able to celebrate our birthdays together!! He made all my favorite “Papa” foods (baked apples, BBQ, peas and carrot cake!) and we had a feast!! Then we feasted again a few days later, but this time it was HIS turn to be spoiled. There were 7 candles, each for one decade of his life.
Florida was magnificent. Just what the doctor ordered. I got to spend time with my mom, Drew and Jessica, my grandparents…got my hair done, went thrift, antique and outlet shopping, and ate at Red Bar. Couldn’t have been better.
Then we went home and it was time to work!! I was so excited that my sis-in-law to be Melissa had saved fun wedding stuff to do while I was there. We went and got her make-up done (just us girls AH!) and did bridal portraits, engagements, had a wedding planning meeting with her fam and talked talked talked about everything wedding. Check out my iiiiincredible sister’s photo’s here: http://www.walkingdaisylane.com/
You know I was in heaven with all this wedding stuff. Kinda disappointed I missed the cake tasting…but that ok. Can’t have it all right?
My time was pretty packed full with spending time with my family including Jess and her girls who came in town and my fabulous in-laws who even took Jack for a sleep over at their house. But I’m so happy I managed to see some friends too! We took a day and went to my favorite park and let the kids frolic. And dang Candice you left before we took a picture!
I spent days soaking up everything from home: waking up to the sun rising over Alcovy Mountain, the smell of fresh fertilizer on neighboring pastures, playing Mexican Train (accents included) with my fam, talking HAM with my dad, eating Sake, listening to my sister play the piano, and swinging on the bench watching the sun go down. It’s amazing how happy this place makes me.
But, it was time to go home. Mom got a gate pass (with no struggle at all thank you southern hospitality) and sent us off. And wow what a difference traveling with an Atl based flight crew!!! The flight attendants were so incredibly helpful bringing multiple snacks to my kids and everyone around me was smiling at my insane, yet adorable kids. Flight was great. Good to be home.
Upon arriving home, I neglect Tucker for all of 2 minutes, and this is what I find. He was so proud of himself!




2 comments:
What a happy post! You like listening to me play the piano? Heck, I'll play more then.
Glad to know I'll be seeing you again in 2 months!
Yay! Glad I found you!
Post a Comment