"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Leaving the place I call home!

So much has happened over the past few months! If any of you have missed me, I'm sorry! I've had way to much going on lately to think about blogging. But hopefully I can keep it up better now. First things first, Jon got a new job and we will be moving to Washington D.C. (or in that vicinity) the begining of November. Still looking for places to live, so if anyone has any recommendations, pass it along!
Second, we sold our first home. :( It was on the market 2 months and we got an offer and closed in 2 weeks. Was all a little fast for me and I wasn't truely ready to see it go. It was hard for me to say goodbye to our house because we had so many wonderful memories there. It was our first home together, where we brought both of our children home from the hospital, the first place we really made our own. We enjoyed decorating, painting and improving, working in the yard and taking long Sunday walks around the neighborhood. Here are just a few of my favorite family memories marked in pictures:

Working so hard to make our baby boy's room perfect for his homecoming.







Agonizing over the perfect color to paint my kitchen. And it turned out perfect!





Through my tears, Jon kept reminding me "it's not the place, it's the people". Still, it marked the end of most things familiar to me as we pack up to move from my home in Georgia to the nation's capitol. But I'm done being sad and now excited for a change and a new adventure in our lives!

3 comments:

Mrs. B said...

How exciting! I'm super jealous. DC is so fun (although I'd HATE to drive around there...those streets are so confusing!).

Brent and Lauren said...

Ok so this made me a little misty-eyed too. What a sweet house with precious memories, but Jon is right. How exciting to be moving to the DC area. You know Vanessa and her family just moved to MD in August. Y'all will be so close! Your boys looks so adorable! Congrats on all the new and exciting events!!!!

Candice said...

Your post made me tear up. I think you will be surpised how happy you will be in DC :)