"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Miska, Mooska, Mickey Mouse!!!

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a Disney fanatic. We've been so excited to take Jack to the "happiest place on earth" to have all his little dreams come true. Seeing Disney World through the eyes of my toddler was probably the funnest thing I've ever done!! Don't get me wrong, I still fast-passed my way into all my favorite rides, but I more-so enjoyed watching Jack soak it all in.

My entire family, minus our faithful missionary Lucas, but including Daniel's brave girlfriend Melissa, trekked on down to Orlando to enjoy some time together among the Disney magic. We rented a 7 bedroom house with a pool, hot tub and blu ray player. SWEET! Our first day all together was Sunday, Mother's Day. Our men made us a fantastic meal of chicken and vegetables, garnished with an assortment of Treasures Chocolates. Now that's my kind of appetizer. My boys gave me a gift certificate to get a much needed massage, and daddy took over kid duty for the entire day. Preeeeetty fantastic!


Day 1 we went to Magic Kingdom. As suspected, Jack LOVED the Peter Pan ride and it's a small world. He also loved some chill time as we rode the tram around tomorrow land. He would have stayed there all day on the "train" if we'd let him. He was such a big boy and rode all the little people roller coasters. I couldn't believe how grown up he seemed. The best part of the day was watching mom on the big screen bleating "baa" in the Monsters, Inc. comedy club. My face seriously hurt from laughing so hard.Tucker enjoyed some down time on our picnic lunch on Tom Sawyers Island.

Day 2 we changed things up a bit and went to Sea World. The shows were fantastic and I'm now ready to pursue my dream of being a dolphin physical therapist in Hawaii. I discovered this as my calling in life in college but by then I was too established with this wife/mother thing. Hmmm not much has changed. Dang! Day 3 we went to my favorite park, Epcot. Jack couldn't get enough of the Nemo ride and tolerated the rest of the day of me enjoying Soarin' and the World Showcase.

That night we ate at our faaaavorite restaurant in Morocco. I got hummus, falafel and pureed eggplant. So fantastic! And I find myself inspired to take up belly dancing...
Day 4, we went to Blizzard Beach. Jack was such a big boy and went down the rides all by himself in his little tube! I however found the lazy river not so lazy as Tucker SCREAMED every time he got wet. Needless to say, we didn't last long and called it an early day to go home and SLEEP.



Day 5 - HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! We went straight to the new Toy Story ride. It was freaking awesome and totally worth the 30 min wait in the equally cool line. We of coarse made time for the Rockin' Roller Coaster and Tower of Tower. The best part of the entire trip was there at Playhouse Disney Live. Jack was absolutely in heaven. He was singing along and patting to help rocket go faster. He danced and jumped and had a great time. We had just as much fun as he did!!


Day 6, yes, day SIX of straight parks, we went to Animal Kingdom. We rushed to the safari ride first thing, and saw more animals then I've ever seen on this ride. So cool!! We made time for the rest of our favorites, and took went to the fantastic Lion King Show. Jack loved loved it and was singing along with Timon.


We finished off our trip with dinner at Rainforest Cafe which was super fabulous. We had such a great time and can't wait to go again!! "See ya real soon!"

3 comments:

Ryan and Brindi said...

oh my gosh this sounds like so much fun! i am so super ridiculously jealous! so glad u had such a blast, next time i'm in! :)

Jessica M said...

You got so many cute pictures! I think I miss my nephews already.

Anonymous said...

What fun!!! Now I'm super excited for our GIRLS trip:) we gotta figure out where we are going:) luv you!