We trekked out to Buckeye Ranch with some friends and looked for the perfect camping spot that was calling our name. It wasn't hard to find seeing as it was the only one with a fire pit. So we set up tents and get our tin foil dinner cookin'! Perfect weather, great company and hilarious children made for a fantastic evening. Jack of coarse refused to go to sleep in his tent all by himself, so we let him stay up with us big kids until we all decided to turn in. Jack however was no where near ready to sleep despite it being 3 hours past his bed time. Jon was in the tent with him, and Tuck and I had our own tent. For the next 2+ hours I heard Jack singing every song he knows including "We will we will rock you" and anything he could sing to the tune of "jingle bells", interluded by Jon saying "It's time to go to sleep!! I MEAN it this time!!" Jack was obviously way too enthralled with the idea of sleeping outside to go to sleep. And just like clock work, kid was up with the sun. Our day of hiking was off to a good start! :)
Very sceptical of this sleeping outdoors stuff.
First time snarfer--learned from the best!
After our scrambled eggs and sausage breakfast, we broke camp and headed to Hard Labor Creek for some hiking. We selected a grooling 1 miler and our toddlers made it almost the whole way by themselves! We enjoyed a delicious picnic, then called it a day for everyone to go home and sleep.
Jack got to ride most of the way. Lucky kid!All in all I'd say our trip was a glorious success and we can't wait to do it again, except next time WITHOUT CHILDREN. :)




3 comments:
I actually burst out laughing as I remembered your snarfing capabilities. To this day I don't know of anyone who can make me laugh like you always have.
I'm glad y'all had fun (fun, right?) and I'm impressed that Jack is already singing Queen. Is Jon trying to indoctrinate him with jock tunes in hopes that it will overpower the not-so-athletic Jones genes?
amen to the no children policy. :)
Awe so cute! I love seeing pictures of little kids camping bc they always have the cute pj's on :) Its important to make memories like that eventhought it is exhausing for the parents :)
Post a Comment