"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Time

It has been so fun having a kid old enough to get excited about holidays. Because I love any reason to celebrate, and my hubby rolls his eyes (but happily goes along with) all of my silly traditions, it's been awesome having another little person to get excited about things.




We braved the task of decorating easter eggs with a rowdy toddler, and I think it's safe to say I had more fun than everyone. Jack was so excited to hold the egg and was so angry when he had to just sit there and LOOK at it while he waited for the dye to dry. Patience is not one of his strong suites. I'm afraid he inherited that trait from me. Easter morning we awoke to find that the sneaky little bunny had hidden Jack's basket!! After searching high and low, it was finally retrieved and Jack was way more entertained with the plastic duckies holding the candy than the actual candy.

Breakfast was strawberry buckwheat pancakes made to look like bunnies of coarse! As I was putting on the "cotton tail" Jon says: "is that what they say to do?" Not really sure who "they" is. I guess he thinks there's a master book k of "mommy" that gives any and all clever instructions.
Easter Sunday we spent at my parents house enjoying conference. And because they're "yard" is a far more proper hunting ground than my dinky 1/8th of an acre, we did our egg hunt there. The day was absolutely glorious and Jack had so much fun hunting and taking all of the eggs. He was the only child hunting so luckily there were no "who saw it first" drama. Whew!Pictures of my boys in their adorable Easter outfits to come!

5 comments:

Jessica M said...

I love to see Jack hunting with your basket. And cute pancakes! The bunny tail is my favorite.

Ryan and Brindi said...

how fun! your bunny pancake was so artistic, i can see why jon thought u had learned it from someone. instead ur just a natural! :) u r brave for coloring eggs with a 2 yr old!

Carlie said...

yes,
that is ALWAYS how "they" say to do it....however it is that you do it is just right!

Karen said...

Oh, those boys are so very cute!! I would love to see the video of Jack hunting the eggs, the eggs falling out of his basket so he could find them all over again. Magic.

Candice said...

cute picks! I am behind on checking out everyone's blog