.JPG)
Last weekend, as a belated birthday celebration for me (AH!! Can you believe I'm 26?! Where does the time go?!), and more just because we wanted to, my friend Hillary and I took a girl trip to paradise, AKA our place in
Grayton Beach. The trip started successfully as I picked up Hill from the airport and drove straight on down to Florida following the directions of the blessed GPS. (I learned my lesson from last time
Brindi!) We made it down without a hitch, belting it out to my Glee soundtrack and chatting as only lifelong friends can.
I was able to call in some favors and leave my energetic toddler at home. His time was divided up with friends,
grammies and Dad. Tuck got to kick it with the ladies for the weekend, but I don't think he minded to much.

It was a little chillier than hoped, so we didn't do too much lounging in the sun. We walked along the beach and even braved the raging knee high river rapids. And Hillary
thoroughly enjoyed the weightlessness of swimming in the heated pool. It
must've been nice to get relief from the extra pounds of baby in her belly. Not to mention that pool was 80 degrees.
Aaaaah.


Girl knows how to work it! Ow Ow!

Our trip was awesome. We ventured into
Destin, (
helllllllllllo Spring Breakers!!! So not sorry to be out of THAT scene) ate at one of my favorite places, Pompano
Joes, and hit up the outlet malls. We did some damage at J Crew and Carters (oh her new man is going to be SO cute!) and went to Pier Park in Panama City where we got manicures, saw Alice in Wonderland, ate coconut shrimp and bought some fudge and gourmet pop corn. The rest of our time was spent pigging out (well what do you expect when you get a pregnant woman and nursing mom together?!) and watching chick flicks and hours of TLC and
HGTV!

Walking around Seaside.

Eating at Pier Park

Rosemary Beach

We braved the tornado type winds and strolled along the new Harbor Walk.
Had to jump back into reality today with all the cooking, cleaning, working, mommying, and watching what I eat. Blast!!
8 comments:
Such great pictures! I'm so jealous!
i agree. all i thought was i am soo jealous. i would have love to kick it with you and hillary!!
Ok now I am totally CRAVING a girls getaway... sounds like you guys had a blast! You look so good and little Tuck is ADORABLE:) and Hillary is the cutest preggo woman, fun fun:)
oh you two are so cute! What fun to escape to the beach and enjoy a break. Tucker is getting so big, what a cute little man.
You are way on top of it, Em! You with your fabulous post of our trip and I haven't even unpacked my bag yet . . . thanks for the great post, even though I could do with a few less preggers picks of me :)
I love that you have so many pictures! Glad y'all had fun! Wish I could have seen Hillary too.
You and Hill learned from the best - the masters of girl getaways - your moms!!
Oh I'm so glad you had fun. Sorry I sucked at rememebering your birthday :( I'm a bad friend
Post a Comment