"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Candice's Baby Shower




Last weekend Rachel Shumway and I combined our talents and threw a baby shower for Candice Cormican. We went through most of our pregnancy together and it has been so fun talking baby!! She looks sickeningly fantastic and only has 4 weeks to go!! Her and Michael are having a baby boy who still remains unnamed. He is going to be well dressed though I tell you what!

We had the shower at Rachel's house, and had a divinely delicious menu of brunch items. We just enjoyed visiting, playing a super fantastic game and eating multiple helpings of cake.....well at least I did. Congratulations again Candice on your new little man!!
And yes the cake was really as good as it looked (BETTER EVEN). The bottom layer was chocolate with chocolate mousse filling, and the top layer was vanilla with strawberry cream filling. Yeah, WOW. I easily justified having 2+ huge servings, because I'm nursing and need the calories...right??

3 comments:

The Gray Family said...

That is ridiculous that you look that good like 3 weeks after having a baby. Emily seriously I am jealous of your cuteness.

Rachel said...

thx for all your help!! it turned out great! :)

Candice said...

Oh thanks for throwing me the shower!!!!!!! It was so nice to see you! After the baby the two of us will have to come visit while Michael is busy with school! I showed some people at work how good you look and they don't believe me that you just had a baby :) Good for you Emily! When you work out that hard when your pregnant you deserve it :)