Last Friday night we had planned on spending the night at my parents so Jon could get up early and work on the Jeep's transmission with my dad. The forecast called for 2-4 inches of snow, but we weren't scared. We braved the approaching storm and let me just tell you, we turned a normal 30 minute drive into an 1 hour drive because we were driving 20mph. Afraid we would slide right off the road at one point, but we survived! We finally got there with about 30 minutes of daylight left for Jack to enjoy the snow. Jon and Jack had a great time and built a snow man as tall as Jack!! Can't remember a time with snow in Georgia that we were actually able to build a snow man! Pretty cool. I however enjoyed the view from inside as I sipped my vanilla snow slushy. YUM!

The next morning, the men put off working on the jeep and I tagged along with them as they went "exploring". My parents live on a little piece of heaven. It is therapeutic for me to go out there and get lost on they're property. It was the perfect place to be to enjoy the snow. Despite my dad's best efforts to flip us in the jeep, (my head did not make it out injury-less however...thanks to the crazy driver) we successfully drove up and down pasture three and took in all the sights of the powdery snow. The boys dumped me back at the house then went on the road for some "real adventures". 

Some friends came over with they're three year old and took the two little men sledding.
Yes this is the cover to an old truck bed tied to the back of an SUV. Kids LOVED it and you can just imagine the recklessness that occurred when my dad and his buddy took a turn. It was such a "Hey Bubba! Watch this!!" moment. I really am amazed sometimes that my dad has survived this long and with all his limbs attached.
So what was Tucker doing during all this excitement you might ask?? 





6 comments:
What a cute post! You guys looked like you had so much fun!
Love all the snow pics... That picture of Tucker is SO PRECIOUS! I just want to take him home with me! : )
Oh Em! This post reminded me of how you used to talk of pasture 1 and pasture 2...
Sorry I missed you on chat this morning!
The snow pictures look so good! Nice shooting! I can't believe there was THAT much snow. I don't think I've EVER seen that much snow at home. Crazy. When are y'all coming to see me? I can't go much longer without squeezing Tucker.
That last picture of Tucker is so cute. Glad you guys had fun in the snow. I miss you!
So fun! We got a call from Mom the day that it snowed in Georgia--she was giddy with excitement. I love that Jon hit Jack with a snowball too. A little mean, but, nonetheless, funny. Love you guys!
Post a Comment