"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Help!!

I need some help from you mom's out there. First, Jon changed jobs about a month ago (HOORAY!!!) and with that came a change in our insurance. So I'm due for my 28 week check up next week, and have no OB. Does anyone local have any recommendations of a good doctor in Gwinnett County?

Second, I am constantly out of breath and feel like my heart is racing. It's extremely unpleasant as I'm sure you can imagine and actually keeps me from sleeping at night because I feel like I can't breath. Like right now sitting here calmly at my computer, my pulse is 100. Is that normal?!?! I asked my doctor about it at my last visit, and she said I was dehydrated. Well I think that's a load of bull because I drink a ton. Anyway, PLEASE does anyone have any advice?!

9 comments:

Will and Natalie Giddens said...

Who is your new insurance? I changed OB's w/Juliana when I was 33 weeks and I ended up at Women's Group of Gwinnett right next to Emory Eastside there off 124 and Ronald Reagan. We had/have Aetna. I liked them well enough, but that was my THIRD change during that pregnancy and I wasn't really picky about who I went to.

Meg said...

I am not alone! I have been having the same problem and my doctor and hubby say that i am just doing to much. I think it is a load because I have tons of energy still. My heart just keeps racing and i can't catch my breath. If you find something out please let me know. I am feeling desperate these days. bye the bye you and Jess are looking super cute! I wish Nessa lived close so we could have a fun picture also.

Dave and Jana said...

Gwinnett OBGYN...attached to Emory in Snellville. Dr. Traci Johnson. 770-972-0330 That is all I can help on...don't know about the mother stuff!! :)

Dear Little Dude said...

hey girl...that same thing happened to me with this last pregnancy and I had to have a fasting blood draw done... it had something to do with blood sugar...not gestational diabetes but whacked out blood sugar from the little baby taking all the everything from what I was eating and leaving me nothing... I had to eat WAY more frequently and drink TONS of water. But I would definately find a new doctor and have them check you out! Love you and hope this helped...if not I hope you get better soon!

Candice said...

What? I knew nothing of this new job....you will have to call me to fill me in. Good luck finding a doctor!

Teeners said...

My mom had problems with her heart, and found out that she had arythmia of the heart. It was something that she needed to monitor pretty closely. Scary! I would say get into a doctor as soon as you can!

Paula said...

I had a difficult time finding a doctor in this area (with Lydia I went to Northside) but like my sister, I am going to Women's Group of Gwinnett. I wanted a practice with mid-wives but there aren't really in this area and after meeting all the doctors in the practice I really like the group overall (some more than others but they are all very nice).

As for the heart beating super fast, I have the same types of spells. I heard that it has to do with the increase of blood you are pumping along with decreased lung capacity and blood sugar. I am sorry to hear that your heart is racing all the time, it must be annoying. Good luck and if you find out any thing that will help, let us know.

Jensen Fam said...

Women's Group...hands down. Stick with the women doctors though. :) Good luck!

Shellie said...

Actually, I found a group with wonderful midwives,(after some searching!) it's Maternal Gynerations off of Lawrenceville-Suwanee. I love them!! There are 4 doctors at the practice, so if anything goes wrong there is someone right there. Also, the midwives deliver at the hospital and are totally cool with epidurals. It was the perfect fit for me, because I want to try to go natural this time, but I want the option of an epidural. I highly recommend them!