Jon and I were looking so forward to the past weekend. My sister and her family were coming to stay with us on their way down to Disney World. Finally!! I weekend with my adorable nieces staying at MY house where I could see them all the time!! Jon worked so hard making sure Hailey's bed was soft enough, and that there was just enough air in the air mattress for Alex and Jess. We seem to be such good hosts right? WRONG! So Saturday, we were going to a 1st birthday party for Jack's bud Adam. Jess and Alex had gone to see Wicked, so we were babysitting their two girls and had the minivan to tote us all around. 1st bad happening. Jack procedes to pee through his outfit and all over his father. I OF COURSE forgot a change of clothes for him, and Jon is soaked through with Jack urine. Our dear friends Krista and Evan ran home to get Jack some clothes (so he wouldn't have to wear Melanie's pink jeans) and Jon a shirt. (Mind you, Jon is a XL and Evan a L).
Jack and his dad in borrowed clothes:
So we're trying to enjoy birthday cake and keep tabs on three insane children running around and playing in ant hills. Exhausted, we packed up the kiddos in the van and were headed home for nap time. Not a mile away, some idiot runs a red light and creams us. NEVER EVEN HIT HIS BRAKES! We're all fine, just shooken up. So we pile out of the car with 3 tired, scared babies. My parents are out of town, Jon's parents were out of town, my sister was at the Fox with no cell phone. Who were we supposed to call!?! Luckily, someone from the party had spotted us and called our friend Tom, who came to pick us up. They let us chill at their house for a while, while we unsuccessfully tried to get our children to sleep. After eating yet another piece of birthday cake, we all pile in the borrowed van and Tom takes us home. With their car in wreckage, Jessica and Alex borrowed my parents car, stuffed it to the brims, and continued onward to Disney World. I'm sure they won't be able to relax too much with Hailey constantly reminding them: "Uncle Jon broke our car."




10 comments:
That was quite the weekend! I am so sorry to here about those misfortunate events - but happy everyone is okay. You could have called me - I would have been happy to help :)
Well I'm glad that everyone is ok! I'm sure that was traumatic with so many kids in the car - especially kids that aren't even yours!
It was so good talking to you yesterday! Can't wait to see you in a few weeks.
Yikes~
Glad you're ok. Glad it wasn't the shirt being to small that caused an accident...
Oh my GOSH!! How scary!! I am sooooo glad you're all okay. Man, way to ruin someone's day (and their sister's minivan) stupid red light runner!! That stinks more than anything!! I hope all the insurance gets worked out and they get a nice new minivan and there's no more hassle for you guys!
That seems to be an eventful weekend, I am glad that you are all ok! What a relief!
oh man what luck!!
You are brave to take three kids to a party. I would feel crazed by the end. Hailey is so cute. kids say the darnedest things don't they. Well I am glad you are all ok. that could have ended a lot worse.
Little Jack it getting so big! they grow so fast. I am starting to learn that for my self. Stay safe and have a Happy Halloween.
What a weekend. I am glad to hear that no one was hurt, what a huge relief. It also stinks to be peed on too...
Oh my goodness! I'm so glad everyone is ok! Scary . . .
Hey Rusch clan! I had to come on your blog and say hi! : ) I'm Billy Quale's wife, we met only once at Sharon's house. But Billy always talks about how much he likes you two! I'm proud of all the guys (Team Swagger) Undefeated!!! I am definitely coming this saturday to watch them win again! So I'm sure I will see you at one of these games! Your little boy Jack is the cutest thing! I had fun reading your blog and looking at all your pics! : ) You have a cute little family!!! See ya soon!
P.S.- Hope you don't mind I'm gonna add you onto my blog list!
No worries, everyone is in love with our rental. Might as well drive in style! I still can't believe this happened...
PS- Y'all are EXCELLENT hosts. Just the right amount of air.
Post a Comment