"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Elder Nathan Rusch has returned from down south! He came home Monday the 4th from Mexico. It's so great to have him back. And to help ease him back into the non-mission world, we all headed off to Connecticut on Wednesday for cousin Rob's wedding. We had an awesome time with the family and even hired a babysitter to watch Jack (who's now taking a bottle by the way. Woo HOO!!) for 8 whole hours so we could enjoy the wedding and he could enjoy not having to behave for 8 hours. Even though the cake was disappointing, we had a great time and I even got Jon to dance with me for like 2 whole songs.


We had a family reunion on Sunday with Mary's mother's side of the family. We grilled out and just enjoyed being together outside. Here are some pictures of Mary and her 2 sisters and their grandbabies. There's also pictures of our cousins Chris and Dea's baby Van. They are about a month and 1/2 apart and so hilarious together.



While we were in the northeast, we took some time seeing things in that region. We went to Newport, RI which is now on my list of most beautiful places I've been. As your driving to the island, you cross a long bridge which takes you over the water which is covered with sailboats. We walked along the harbor, shopped, and toured one of the incredible mansions they have on the island. It was the summer home of a Vanderbilt with platinum coated walls and a view of the Atlantic. There's also a picture of Jack's first real encounter with grass. He was so funny and would get in whatever position that would minimize his body touching it.

This is just a close up of an incredible tree. I have a thing for trees. :)


Monday we boarded a ferry to Nantucket to spend the day. That of course would be the day I forgot my camera (in my defense, left the house at 6AM). So I stole Nathan's camera for the day and will put some pictures up once I get them from him. The island was incredible despite the rain, and we just enjoyed walking around looking at the houses and laying on the deck at the harbor looking at all the yachts.


The next two days we spent in Boston. That is such a cool city and we seriously could have spent a week there. There was just so much to see!! We saw most of it sitting in traffic however. :) Public transit is probably a smarter way to go. Anyway, we did the "Freedom Walk" which took you around the city to all of the historical spots. Among many things, we saw the sight of the Boston Massacre and Sam Adam's grave. But most importantly, (need I remind you I was traveling with the Rusch family?), we got to tour Fenway Park. Jon and Nathan were in little boy heaven. Matt even saw Coco Crisp entering the stadium. It was pretty awesome.


This was such an awesome trip and it was so good to spend so much time with my hubby and get to see all of his family.




3 comments:

Rebecca said...

fun fun fun!! wish i could have gone on that trip!
sorry i didn't get to see you while i was in town.

elise and jeff said...

That is so awesome that Nathan is back! I can't believe it's already been 2 years and is he taller than Jon? Holy smokes!!

Jessica M said...

*Sigh*, jealous. I think it's time for MY TURN with this vacation business.

I think my favorite pictures is of the two babies in one swing. So cute!