"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Monday, April 13, 2009

Chris is married!!!!

This past weekend Jon and I were able to attend the sealing of Chris and Tina in the Idaho Falls Temple. Everything was beautiful and the lovers looked positively giddy the entire time....kissing every few minutes and gazing into each other's eyes. Sickening. :) But GLORIOUS!!! I'm SO SO SO excited to get my first and only sister in law!! She's wonderful and I'm soooooo excited to have in our family. They had their reception the night before the sealing at this flower shop in Idaho Falls. It was probably the cutest venue ever and it smelled divine! Food was fabulous, but I spent most of my time trying to soothe my very tired, but very cute baby. The sealing was the next morning and the day could not have been more beautiful!! Now the honeymooners are off to Disneyland, then here the first of May for the Georgia reception.

I must apologize but I only took one picture the entire time, and it wasn't even of my adorable child in his tux. This is me after this blessed trip was over:





Despite my strong protesting, the groom requested that his nephew be at the wedding. So Thursday morning, I wake my child up at 4 am to catch our 6:30 am flight out (by myself by the way. Jon couldn't come in until that night) so after a fun 6 hours of plane and layover adventures, we arrive in Salt Lake. My dear friend Jazmin and Jack's girlfriend Jadyn came to pick us up. We spent the rest of the day shopping and just hanging out. Jack and I were asleep by 7 o'clock local time. Jon got in late that night, so next day we meet up with my awesome x-roomie Liz who let us borrow a car and we drove up to Idaho Falls. After the wedding, we drove back and spent the night with Liz, and I finally got to meet Jack's future roomy, Remy. She made us 2 DELICIOUS meals and we all cuddled in bed and watched a movie. :)

We headed out the next morning! The one good thing about flying with my baby is that I finally get some cuddles!! He did sleep some and I loved just getting to hold him and have him be still for more than 2 seconds. :)

So life as normal for a week and a half, then I fly back to Utah for my friend Vanessa's wedding!!! Excited to go back and spend time with my friends, not so excited for another flight, alone with the Jack.

4 comments:

The Gray Family said...

Oh I miss you already.. Come back soon.. Oh wait you are! The countdown is on... Oh Nessa said she is doing her nails on Friday and that we are welcome to come too.. Yippee, let's drop those babies off at the sitters and go have some fun grown up time....

Jessica M said...

Um, where are the pictures?? Glad you made it back in one piece. Give Jackal a kiss for me.

Anonymous said...

You are hilarious... I feel like a big tired polar bear all the time! Can't wait to see you soon!!!!

Jamie said...

When will you be in Utah? I want to see you if you have time while you are here!!!