"We can do no great things, only small things with great love." Mother Theresa

Monday, February 16, 2009

I can see!!!!


Bye bye glasses forever!! And don't judge my ickiness. No make-up rule day of surgery.
It's amazing. My vision is BETTER than it ever has been with contacts. But let me just give you a run down of the day. So I get to the doctor, and they do all the pre-op stuff, and go through the shpeal of "you'll go blind for about 15 seconds. This is normal. You'll smell something burning, be assured this is not your eye..." and so on. So, since I was there alone, I was given a laser bug stuffed animal to squeeze. Oh and did I squeeze!! I'm suprised the stuffing didn't all come out by the end. Anyway, surgery was over in 5 minutes and I went home and slept the rest of the day. Woke up next morning with perfect vision. They bruised my left eye though so I have icky bloody red eye. Embarrasing! But other than that, I am 100% satifsfied with my surgery. Thank you mom and dad for such an awesome graduation present!!!

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Em, I am glad that all went well. That's great that the day after you saw such an improvement.

Jensen Fam said...

Oh my goodness! I am totally jealous! I would love love love to have Lasik! Keep us posted on your progress and if you find any cons to this amazing surgery! Congrats though - I can't even imagine what it would be like to be able to see anything in the middle of the night. :) Enjoy!!